Jaime Casanova wrote:
On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 6:42 PM, Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> wrote:
Attached is the latest parallel restore patch. I think this is getting
fairly close.

mmm... seems this patch are two in one... you're adding --multi-thread
and --truncate-before-load options where the second one seems to be an
optimization...

maybe it's better to split in two incremental patches?

Well, the only reason it was needed was because you can't run a parallel restore in a single transaction. If the whole restore is run in a single transaction then truncate before load should be unnecessary.

But if people want it made more general I can split it out.

cheers

andrew