Marko Kreen wrote:
But now that I learned that ALTER TABLE WITHOUT OIDS either causes bugs
or requires table rewrite, it turned from minor annoyance to big annoyance.
So I'd like have a reasonable path for getting rid of them, which we don't
have currently.  Removing them completely is simplest path, but adding
extra features to support it is another.

If we are talking about adding a feature, then I like retargeting
pg_dump --oids from data-only flag to apply to both data and schema.
Yes, this is incompatible change, but the change affects feature we
are discouraging anyway.

How about a pg_dump flag that simply suppresses OIDs from the data and schema?

cheers

andrew