Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
Holger Hoffstaette wrote:

http://www.nabble.com/New-libxml-which-is-reentrant---to18329452.html

Seems to me that Perl (?) is calling functions it is not supposed to call
- I'm guessing due to assumptions about mismatching lifecycles. The
parsing functions themselves are supposedly reentrant.
Maybe someone can trace the libxml calls ... not sure how exactly ... given Alvaro's example, it doesn't seem likely to me that this is due to a call to xmlCleanupParser(), but maybe the perl code invokes by simply doing "use XML::LibXML;" calls that for some perverse reason.

Something that came to my mind was that maybe the change of memory
management (to make it use palloc) could be confusing libxml somehow.

Seems very possible. But what would perl be doing just as a result of loading the module, not even doing anything, that would cause a segfault because of that?

cheers

andrew