Tom Lane wrote:
Josh Berkus <j...@agliodbs.com> writes:
As an hstore user, I'd be fine with simply limiting it to 64K (or, heck, 8K) and throwing an error. I'd also be fine with limiting keys to 255 bytes, although we'd have to warn people.

Yeah, 255 might well be more of a problem than the other limit.  We
could move to something like 10/22 or 12/20 split, which would give
us 1KB/4MB or 4KB/1MB limits.

Anything you like. What I'm saying is that I think I use hstore more heavily than most people, and that if the limits were as low as 255b/8K it wouldn't hurt me any.

I suppose 1K/4MB would allow OO-types to use hstore as an object store, so you'll make them happy with a new foot gun. Why not?

--Josh