Ron,

I imagine most EAV systems allow multiple values for each
attribute - and a hstore that supported this could probably
be a pretty nice general solution for many EAV systems.  IIRC
other people asked about similar on the lists before.

Well, not usually. Generally, since EAV systems are entity-attribute-value, the key for the table is generally entity-attribute. I've seen a few which were entity-attribute-attributenumber-value, but those are rare.

Overally, I think the ability to stick an array into an hstore value would take care of most real uses. Beyond that, we're encouraging people to use hstore in ways it won't actually scale.

--Josh