Dne 17.03.09 19:48, Chuck McDevitt napsal(a):

Any obviously, we don't just use ours for platforms with no or broken getopt_long,
> since we are talking Solaris (which has a bug in getopt, but getopt_long works fine)

Just for clarification:

It is not bug in Solaris. It is Solaris' getopt extension for long arg processing from days when getopt_long did not exist (hmm it seems that it is still not in POSIX :( ). By my opinion PostgreSQL does not work correctly here, because it uses construction which is marked as a implementation depended in POSIX standard.

See:
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/getopt.html
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/xbd_chap12.html#tag_12_02

                Zdenek