Robert Haas wrote:
Similarly, the only reason we don't have a workable TODO list is
because you're attempting to extract it from a disorganized jumble of
email after the fact, instead of maintaining it publicly and adding
and removing items along the way.  It might be slightly more work to
think up a reasonable label for an action item at the time you learn
about it than to just dump the email in a folder, but I think the time
you didn't have to spend sorting through it later would more than make
up for it.  Plus then items could be worked on along the way instead
of waiting until the bitter end when the TODO list materializes and we
all say "Oh, really?".

The TODO list is already on the Wiki. I've edited it a few times when I've spotted TODO-worthy ideas on the mailing lists.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas