Tom Lane wrote:

I personally would be happy with the two-argument function solution.

The patch I submitted pretty much does this, except it uses a flags argument instead of 2 fixed arguments. It can be easily changed to support the 2 argument idea:

1. Change prototype to: void PQinitSecure(int ssl, int crypto);
  - previous return value can go away, new version can be void.
2. Remove PG_SECURE_SSL, PG_SECURE_CRYPTO from libpq-fe.h
3. Modify wrapping code in PQinitSSL to use new prototype.
  - either pass 0,0 or 1,1, to PQinitSecure.

Outside of that, the patch goes unchanged.

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC