Robert Haas wrote:
On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 8:59 AM, Aidan Van Dyk <ai...@highrise.ca> wrote:
All that based on the assumption that when the project switches to git,
they actually want all the CVS history in their official tree.  Its
certainly not necessary, and possibly not even desirable...  PostgreSQL
could just as easily to a "linus" style switch when they switch to git,
and just "import" the latest release in each branch as the starting
point for each branch.  The git repository will have no history, and
people can choose which history they want to graft in...  CVSROOT can be
made available as a historical download.

That would suck for me.  I use git log a lot to see how things have
changed over time.

Indeed. Losing the history is not an acceptable option.

cheers

andrew