Greg Smith wrote:
On Thu, 28 May 2009, Andy Colson wrote:

Yeah, when it shipped I think it was about 75 pounds. It is a tower, yes, and an impressively large box (my experience with servers is limited, this is the first I've ever gotten to play with, so it may not be out of the ordinary).

To give you a better idea of the scale people were thinking with your original comment, the last Sun server I installed was 170 pounds and you had to provision a dedicated power outlet for it. The Blade 1000 would be considered a medium sized server. A small server is one that fits in 1 to 3 rack units.

--
* Greg Smith gsm...@gregsmith.com http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD

Sweet. That sounds fun to play on. So yeah, as I was saying before, its a 75lb box, nothing huge.. ya know... average... :-)

-Andy