Josh Berkus wrote:
Andy,

Yeah, when it shipped I think it was about 75 pounds. It is a tower,
yes, and an impressively large box (my experience with servers is
limited, this is the first I've ever gotten to play with, so it may not
be out of the ordinary). I think my kill-a-watt said, at idle, it was
near 300W. (Though it's been a while, I may not be remembering that
correctly, and I don't recall looking at it under load)

Ok, that's not as bad as the spec sheet online looked. The machine is still too slow/old for benchmarking though, and we couldn't rack it (our donated rack space is limited). Does someone have a home for this machine? And would we use it for buildfarm, or for something else?

I'll plug it in tonight when I get home and verify those numbers.

It looks like there are a bunch of sparc build farm members, would another really be helpful?

-Andy