Magnus Hagander wrote:
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
Dave Page wrote:
On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvhe...@commandprompt.com> wrote:

Well, it sounds about perfect for my use case too (which is
approximately the same as Tom's), but the description makes it sound
unsupported.  It doesn't work on Windows which doesn't bother me
personally but may be a showstopper more generally.
It's not a showstopper for me. Can't speak for Magnus, Andrew or
anyone else working on Windows though. I imagine those two are the
most likely to have issues if they're back-patching - and that should
just be a matter of disk space.

Yeah, AFAIK Magnus doesn't commit direct from Windows, and neither do I,
and this should not be a showstopper for anyone who isn't a committer.

Well, partially correct.

My workflow today is that I do the commit on a git repository in my
Windows VM. Which I then "git push" out to my linux box. Where I do a
make to be sure I didn't break things :-), and then just extract the
patch with "git diff" and apply it manually to the cvs tree, and finally
I commit in cvs...

Even if we move to git, I have no desire to push directly from Windows
into the core repository. I'll still stage it through a local one.

I see. In that case, though, you probably do need to be able to do thing atomically across branches, so that you can push a single changeset, no?

Anyway, it sounds like it's not going to be a showstopper.

cheers

andrew