Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
I have cleaned up the patch from yesterday slightly, too. I'm wondering how far back we should backpatch all this. This API was actually documented in Perl (just) before 7.4 was released, so in theory the API adjustment should go all the way back. However, in practice it hasn't been a problem until now, and we aren't supporting Windows releases before 8.2, so I think 8.2 is probably the right spot.

My inclination is "backpatch all the way".  Now that we know the problem
is we are failing to adhere to Perl's published API, I bet we could find
some other problems it causes, if we poked into the right nooks and
crannies.  And not just on Windows.

Yeah, the debian bug specifically mentions hppa. I'll go with your instinct.

cheers

andrew