David Fetter wrote:
On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 05:27:19PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
David Fetter wrote:
 * Users who come from MySQL every once in a while, annoyed that
 we don't support "GRANT ... *" syntax.
I'm missing what's wrong with a wild-card GRANT syntax for this
case.
Without a major change in the way we do permissions, it will not
work  prospectively.  We have no way ATM to store permissions for an
object  that does not currently exist.

There have been previous discussions of prospective permissions
changes.  Are we restarting them here?

*shrug*

It's not on the TODO list. I recall it being raised from time to time but I certainly don't recall a consensus that it should be done, nor how, so if you're implying that such a thing is a settled decision I suspect you're not entirely correct. Of course, my memory has been known to have errors ...

cheers

andrew