Josh Berkus wrote:

One thing Peter forgot to mention here is that the next-to-last commitfest is the *last* commitfest for new major features. For the *last* commitfest, any patch introduced either has to be a resubmission of something we've seen at a prior CF, or has to be very "small" (i.e. not many lines/files, no side effects, no API or defined standard API).

This makes the next-to-last CF our "biggest" CF.

I thought we discussed that at pgCon in May and rejected it.

I have very, very serious reservations about it. I think we need to get better about proper triage, especially on the final commitfest, rather than moving the effective feature freeze back a whole commitfest.

ISTM we're in danger of becoming dominated by procedures. Let's keep it light and loose.

cheers

andrew