On Jul 10, 2009, at 5:39 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

I don't mind the idea of saying "our intention is to support new
releases for about five years", or something equally squishy.
But a list of dates in black and white does not look reasonable,
especially not dates that are four or five years out for versions
that have zero track record.  We have no idea whatsoever what the
future will bring.

I think that it would be useful to have the squish comment, but also a list of versions that are definitely no longer supported, and when support ceased.

Best,

David