> > > I would propose that the reference machine be one that one of the
> > > "committers" owns, and be one whose owner is willing to *always* go
> > > through the effort to resolve regression test changes and differences.
> > Er ... wasn't that *you*?
>
> Yes. At the moment my toes are bright red and sore from being stepped
> on, and I'm trying to get out of the way or figure out what the problems
> are. I'm happy to continue to contribute things like this, but don't
> like being held up then bypassed then ignored (cf current docs building
> troubles). I'm frustrated.

I think we are all just scrambing to get beta ready while the server
reconfigures itself.  :-)  I don't see any fundamental changes being
proposed.  We are trying to plug leaks and are stepping on toes, or at
least it looks that way sometimes.  :-)  I can yank my CVS build if it
causes confusion once we get the main one working.

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster