Andrew Dunstan wrote:

Roger Leigh wrote:
Here we just force the locale to C.  This does have the disadvantage
that --no-locale is made redundant, and any tests which are dependent
upon locale (if any?) will be run in the C locale.

That is not a solution. We have not that long ago gone to some lengths to provide for buildfarm testing in various locales. We're not going to undo that.

Thinking about this some more, ISTM a much better way of approaching it would be to provide a flag for psql to turn off the fancy formatting, and have pg_regress use that flag.

cheers

andrew