Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
Emmanuel Cecchet wrote:
If you prefer to postpone the auto-partitioning to the next commit fest, I can strip it from the current patch and re-submit it for the next fest (but it's just 2 isolated methods really easy to review).

I certainly think this should be separated out. In general it is not a good idea to roll distinct features together. It complicates both the reviewing process and the discussion.

I think though that Greg was suggesting that we need some more thought
about the overall road map.  Agglomerating "independent" features onto
COPY one at a time is going to lead to a mess, unless they fit into an
overall design plan.

I don't disagree with that. But even if we get a roadmap of some set of features we want to implement, rolling them all together isn't a good way to go.

cheers

andrew