Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
I put the attached together a while ago and neglected to send it. Basically it includes the text of the query being explained in the explain output.

I'm pretty certain this will dump core in some contexts --- you should
not assume that sourceText is always available.

Ok, I guess I can insert a check that the sourceText is not null. I wonder what we are supposed to take an explanation to mean if we can't say what it is we're explaining.

Should we be worried about security implications of displaying the query
text?

If it is dangerous then surely so is the explanation.

cheers

andrew