Itagaki Takahiro wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> wrote:

Basically it includes the text of the query being explained in the explain output.

I expected the query text is printed in "STATEMENT" section.
Do you mean the query should be merged into "LOG" section?
Are there any situation where "STATEMENT" section does not work?

I mean it should be in the Explain output:

   <explain xmlns="http://www.postgresql.org/2009/explain";>
     <Query-Text>SELECT '' AS zero, BOOLTBL1.*
      FROM BOOLTBL1
      WHERE booleq(bool 'false', f1);</Query-Text>
     <Plan>
       <Node-Type>Seq Scan</Node-Type>
       <Relation-Name>booltbl1</Relation-Name>
       <Alias>booltbl1</Alias>
       <Startup-Cost>0.00</Startup-Cost>
       <Total-Cost>42.88</Total-Cost>
       <Plan-Rows>877</Plan-Rows>
       <Plan-Width>1</Plan-Width>
       <Filter>booleq(false, f1)</Filter>
     </Plan>
   </explain>

This is especially important for structured output like XML and/or JSON. A number of users (including me) badly want to be able to extract the explain output from the log files with the query text included.

cheers

andrew