Boszormenyi Zoltan <z...@cybertec.at> wrote:

> we tried to discuss on a lower level what should be needed
> for a partial replication based on streaming replication.

We need to discuss a "partial recovery" before the partial replication.

There are some related items in out ToDo list and previous discussions:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo
    - Allow WAL logging to be turned off for a table,
      but the table might be dropped or truncated during crash recovery
    - Allow WAL logging to be turned off for a table,
      but the table would avoid being truncated/dropped

- rmgr_hook
    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-12/msg01361.php

Could you try them first as a preparation for the partial replication?

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center