Tom Lane wrote:
Well, actually, if it's just "what will RH support", I just today got
launch commit on this...
What I was trying to suggest was that right now, there are situations where a new deployment on 8.1 is still completely reasonable and possible to justify in the Enterprise Linux space, whereas I don't know of any situation where 7.4/8.0 can be similarly defended as a good idea. That makes supporting 8.1 quite a bit more valuable to the community than the earlier releases IMHO.

Moving forward, I was hoping that we all get RHEL6 as a deployment option in the not so distant future for a platform that integrates 8.4 from day one; I didn't think that deploying RHEL5 was going to be the only choice for too much longer.

g...@2ndquadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com