HI
        I have to setup PERL to interact with PGSQL.
        I have taken the following steps.

        1.Installation of perl_5.6.0 under Redhat Linux 7.0
        2.Installation of POSTGRESQL under Redhat Linux7.0

        Both are working perfectly as seperate modules.

        Now I need to interface perl with PGSQL.

        I need to what's the best possible soln.

        I have installed latest DBI from www.cpan.org

        Now i need to install DBD For PGSQL .Is
        this the driver i have to work on for pgsql ?.
        Or do I have any other option to connect to pgsql
        from perl . Indeed i've found out an other way
        to use Pg driver provided by PGSQL to interface
        perl with pgsql.

        I need to exactly know the difference between
        use Pg ; and use DBI ; Need to which one is
        proceeding towards correct direction under what circumstances.

        when I tried to install DBD-Pg-0.93.tar.gz under Linux
        i get

        Configuring Pg
        Remember to actually read the README file !
        please set environment variables POSTGRES_INCLUDE and POSTGRES_LIB !

        I need to know what these varibles POSTGRES_INCLUDE and POSTGRES_LIB
        should point to ...

        and when i tried to run perl test.pl, the program to test the
installation of the module which
        comes with the tar.
         I get the error

        OS: linux
        install_driver(Pg) failed: Can't locate DBD/Pg.pm in @INC (@INC
contains: /usr/l
        ib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i3
        86-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .)
at (eval 1)
        line 3.
        Perhaps the DBD::Pg perl module hasn't been fully installed,
        or perhaps the capitalisation of 'Pg' isn't right.
        Available drivers: ADO, ExampleP, Multiplex, Proxy.
         at test.pl line 51

        Any body who can clarify is most welcome....

        with regards,
        Prassanna...