Bruce Momjian wrote:
> KaiGai Kohei wrote:
> > > What happens when
> > > there is no entry in pg_largeobject_metadata for a specific row?
> >
> > In this case, these rows become orphan.
> > So, I think we need to create an empty large object with same LOID on
> > pg_migrator. It makes an entry on pg_largeobject_metadata without
> > writing anything to the pg_largeobject.
> > I guess rest of migrations are not difference. Correct?
>
> Agreed.  I have modified pg_migrator with the attached patch which
> creates a script that adds default permissions for all large object
> tables.

Oops, seem like I have a problem in getting pg_migrator to populate
pg_largeobject_metadata:

        test=> select lo_import('/etc/profile');
         lo_import
        -----------
             16385
        (1 row)

        test=> select lo_import('/etc/profile.env');
         lo_import
        -----------
             16386
        (1 row)

        test=> select oid,* from pg_largeobject_metadata;
          oid  | lomowner | lomacl
         16385 |       10 |
         16386 |       10 |
        (2 rows)

You might remember that INSERT cannot set the oid of a row, so I don't
see how pg_migrator can migrate this?  Is there a reason we used 'oid'
in pg_largeobject_metadata but 'lobj' in pg_largeobject?  Why did't we
add the lomowner and lomacl columns to pg_largeobject?

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us