Bruce Momjian wrote:
> KaiGai Kohei wrote:
> > lo_import() has an another prototype which takes second argument to
> > specify LOID. Isn't it available to restore a large object with
> > correct LOID? For example, lo_import('/etc/profile', 1234)
>
> I can't use that because the migration has already brought over the
> pg_largeobject file which has the data.
>
> > Or, if you intend to restore metadata in the second lo_import(),
> > ALTER LAEGE OBJECT and GRANT LARGE OBJECT enable to set up metadata
> > of a certain large object.
>
> Yes, that will work cleanly.  The file might be large because I need a
> GRANT for every large object, but I suppose that is OK.

Uh, I tested pg_migrator and found a problem with this approach:

        test=> select loid from pg_largeobject;
         loid
        -------
         16385
         16385
         16386
        (3 rows)

        test=> grant all ON LARGE OBJECT 16385 to public;
        ERROR:  large object 16385 does not exist

I am wondering if the missing pg_largeobject_metadata row is causing
this, and again I have no way of creating one with the specified oid.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us