Thomas Lockhart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Even stranger, this only happens on the first call to CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
> after starting a backend (example below), and stays that way if I just
> do "select current_timestamp". Something must not be initialized quite
> right, but I don't know what. Any guesses?

Ah, I've got it.  Two problems: AdjustTimestampForTypmod is one brick
shy of a load, and the hardwired calls to timestamp_in and friends
weren't passing all the parameters they should.  (Can anyone think of
a way for DirectFunctionCall to do any checking?)

Patch will be committed in a moment...

http://archives.postgresql.org