Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

However, HS is already in the tree, and HS without SR is a whole lot
less compelling than HS with SR.  So it's going to be pretty
unsatisfying if we can't get SR in there.

I don't think that's the case. Having HS alone would be a huge win,
and the sooner we can get it out there the better. Those that are
waiting for SR might have to wait one more version, but my intuition
tells me that's a small minority compared to those waiting for HS.

while I agree that HS is very useful without SR, I think that it's mostly the well known powerusers inthe community are actively waiting for HS and not so much for SR. For the typical user outside of -hackers or even -general I'm not so sure about that...

Stefan