Fujii Masao wrote:
On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 8:17 PM, Simon Riggs <si...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
What could happen is that the standby could slowly lag behind master. We
don't have any way of monitoring that, as yet. Setting ps display is not
enough here.

I agree that the statistical information about replication activity is
very useful. But I think that it's not an urgent issue. Shall we think
it later?

I don't think anybody can deploy this feature without at least some very basic monitoring here. I like the basic proposal you made back in September for adding a pg_standbys_xlog_location to replace what you have to get from ps right now: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-09/msg00889.php

That's basic, but enough that people could get by for a V1.

g...@2ndquadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com