2010/1/12 Matteo Beccati <p...@beccati.com>:
> So, I've decided to spend a bit more time on this and here is a proof of
> concept web app that displays mailing list archives reading from the AOX
> database:
>
> http://archives.beccati.org/

Seems to work.

> Please take it as an exercise I've made trying to learn how to use symfony
> this afternoon. It's not feature complete, nor probably very scalable, but at
> least it features attachment download ;)
>
> http://archives.beccati.org/pgsql-hackers/message/37

:-)

So just to put this into perspective and give anyone paying attention
an idea of the pain that lies ahead should they decide to work on
this:

- We need to import the old archives (of which there are hundreds of
thousands of messages, the first few years of which have, umm, minimal
headers.
- We need to generate thread indexes
- We need to re-generate the original URLs for backwards compatibility

Now there's encouragement :-)

--
Dave Page