Dimitri Fontaine <dfonta...@hi-media.com> writes:
> Dave Page <dp...@pgadmin.org> writes:
>> Why not just use pgAgent? It's far more flexible than the design
>> you've suggested, and already exists.

> What would it take to have it included in core,

I don't think this really makes sense.  There's basically no argument
for having it in core other than "I'm too lazy to install a separate
package".  Unlike the case for autovacuum, there isn't anything an
in-core implementation could do that an external one doesn't do as well
or better.  So I'm not eager to take on additional maintenance burden
for such a thing.