Pavel Stehule wrote:
This reasoning just doesn't fly in the PostgreSQL world. PostgreSQL is
designed to be extensible, not a monolithic product. We're not going to
change that because some companies have insane corporate policies.  The
answer, as Jefferson said in another context, is to "inform their
ignorance."

That isn't to say that there isn't a case for an in core scheduler, but this
at least isn't a good reason for it.

What I remember - this is exactly same discus like was about
replication thre years ago

fiirst strategy - we doesn't need it in core
next we was last with replacation

That's a pretty poor analogy IMNSHO. There are very good technical reasons to have replication in the core. That is much less clear for a scheduler. But in any case, I didn't say that we shouldn't have a scheduler. I specifically said there might be a case for it - read the first clause of my last sentence. What I said was that the reason given, namely that Corporations didn't want to use add-on modules, was not a good reason.

cheers

andrew