Joshua D. Drake wrote:
On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 11:33 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

Well, we could put in similar weasel words I guess. But after all, Safe's very purpose is to provide a restricted execution environment, no?

We already do, in our license.

True. I think the weasel formula I prefer here is a bit different. It might be reasonable to say something along the lines of:

   To the extent it is prevented by the Perl Safe module, there is no
   way provided to access internals of the database server process or
   to gain OS-level access with the permissions of the server process,
   as a C function can do.

cheers

andrew