Tom Lane wrote:
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakan...@enterprisedb.com> writes:
It's pretty scary to call a user-defined function at that point in transaction.

Not so much "pretty scary" as "zero chance of being accepted".
And I do mean zero.

I swear, you guys are such buzzkills some days. I was suggesting a model for building easy prototypes, and advocating a more formal way to explain, in what could be code form, what someone means when they suggest a particular quorum model or the like. Maybe all that will ever be exposed into a production server are the best of the hand-written implementations, and the scary "try your prototype here" hook only shows up in debug builds, or never gets written at all. I did comment that I expected faster built-in implementations to be the primary way these would be handled.

From what Heikki said, it sounds like the main thing I was didn't remember is to include some timestamp information to allow rules based on that information too.

g...@2ndquadrant.com   www.2ndQuadrant.us