Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
Well, yes. But then to stop that you could just lock users out using pg_hba.conf, no? It just doesn't seem to be buying all that much to me.

The main reason to turn it off is to disable a whole lot of very poorly
tested code, and thereby improve the reliability of your warm standby
server.  There might be (almost certainly are) significant performance
benefits as well.  I think it'll be at least a couple of release cycles
before any sane DBA would turn it on on standbys where he didn't
positively need it.

OK, then we need to say something like that. Right now we're not giving any guidance that I can see.

cheers

andrew