Then you weren't paying attention at the devlopers' meeting. It's the bottom item on <http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgCon_2010_Developer_Meeting#Development_Priorities_for_9.1>

cheers

andrew

Bruce Momjian wrote:
This was just posted to announce.  Seems the community now has to
compete with another extension-based infrastructure if we ever get
around to developing one of our own.

I personally had no knowledge of this, which is fine, but don't expect
me to get excited about it, except to consider it a threat to a
community-lead extension site.

David E. Wheeler wrote:
I'm pleased to announce the launch of the PGXN development project.

  http://www.pgxn.org/

PGXN, the PostgreSQL Extension Network, is modelled on CPAN, the Perl community's archive
of "all things Perl." PGXN will provide four major pieces of infrastructure to
the PostgreSQL community:

* An upload and distribution infrastructure for extension developers
* A centralized index and API of distribution metadata
* A website for searching extensions and perusing their documentation
* A command-line client for downloading, testing, and installing extensions

We have started the fundraising phase of the project now. Thanks to founding
sponsors myYearbook.com and PostgreSQL Experts, Inc., we're already 2/5 of the
way to our goal. Complete details of the project -- including the
specification, implementation plan, and  fundraising FAQ -- are on the site.

Best,

David
PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.

-To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to:

               pgsql-announce-unsubscr...@postgresql.org