On Wed, 16 Jun 2010, Josh Berkus wrote:

Why is there significant delay on important posts, yet some posts go
almost straight though? Every time I use Announce my posts are delayed
for about 4-5 days.

Why do some posts jump the queue, appearing to imply the moderator is
being selective in releasing some, yet not others?

Do we need some more moderators?

Yes.

Currently the only moderators for -announce are Marc and Greg S-M. This means that you can get your announce through quickly if you follow up a posting to that list with a private e-mail to one of them; otherwise, stuff tends to lag for several days. Or there are a couple of pass-throughs, for release announcements and PWN, which are not moderated.

I've asked several times that we add additional moderators for -announce.

Anyone volunteering ... ?  Adding is simple enough ...

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scra...@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scra...@hub.org