Robert Haas wrote:
So what happens right now using the existing git repository is that
the $PostgeSQL$ tags are there, but they're unexpanded.  They just say
$PostgreSQL$ rather than $PostgreSQL: tgl blah blah$.  I'm all in
favor of removing them, but it would be nice if we could avoid
cluttering the old changesets with useless changes to the keyword
expansions.

Personally I favor leaving the expanded keywords in what we import, so that there's an exact mapping between what's in the final CVS repo and what's in the inital git repo, and then removing them entirely. I don't see that having old keyword expansions in the historical changesets is a bid deal. Nobody is going to base patches on them (I hope).

cheers

andrew