On 08/11/2010 09:43 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan<and...@dunslane.net>  writes:
On 08/11/2010 12:42 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
...  However, it does seem like we ought to be able to
do something about two buildfarm critters defaulting to the same choice
of port number.
Why not just add the configured port (DEF_PGPORT) into the calculation
of the port to run on?
No, that would be just about the worst possible choice.  It'd be
guaranteed to fail in the standard scenario that you are running
"make check" before updating an existing installation.

One of us is missing something. I didn't say to run the checks using the configured port. I had in mind something like:

    port = 0xC000 | ((PG_VERSION_NUM + DEF_PGPORT) &  0x3FFF);

cheers

andrew