>> I'd say put it on and mark it with an [E].  We could use some more
>> [E]asy items for that list.
>
> We don't need to add marginally-useful features just because they're
> easy.  If it doesn't have a real use-case, the incremental maintenance
> cost of more code is a good reason to reject it.

I'll bite.

Use-case:

1) DBA adds "Department Role" enum, with set
{'Director','Secretary','Staff','Support','Temporary','Liason'}.

2) 3-person data entry team updates all employee records with those roles.

3) First summary report is run.

4) Manager points out that "Liason" is misspelled.

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.