On 26.01.2011 17:00, Kevin Grittner wrote:
Simon Riggs<si...@2ndquadrant.com>  wrote:

So in the Compatibility release notes for 9.1 we should say:

"Applications that request SERIALIZABLE mode will now experience
different and fully correct behaviour. The new mode does not
currently work in Hot Standby mode, and an error will be returned
if this is requested. If the previous serializable behaviour is
required, users should request transaction isolation mode
REPEATABLE READ."

Yeah, we definitely need to mention it in the release notes.  I feel
there should also be notes in the regular docs, but Heikki would
(quite understandably) prefer to minimize changes to the current
patch until it is committed and deal with that such issues in
smaller follow-up patches.

By all means, feel free to add a note to the docs about this. A note in the Hot Standby Caveats section would be good, in addition to somewhere in the chapter about isolation levels.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas