On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 3:17 AM, Simon Riggs <si...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> ERRCODE_DATABASE_DROPPED    57P04   looks best

So I guess the only remaining issue is whether we should distinguish
the error message text, as well as the error codes.  Tom was in favor
of that upthread, and I am too.  Right now we have:

                else if (RecoveryConflictPending && RecoveryConflictRetryable)
                {
                        pgstat_report_recovery_conflict(RecoveryConflictReason);
                        ereport(FATAL,

(errcode(ERRCODE_T_R_SERIALIZATION_FAILURE),
                          errmsg("terminating connection due to
conflict with recovery"),
                                         errdetail_recovery_conflict()));
                }
                else if (RecoveryConflictPending)
                {
                        /* Currently there is only one non-retryable
recovery conflict */
                        Assert(RecoveryConflictReason ==
PROCSIG_RECOVERY_CONFLICT_DATABASE);
                        pgstat_report_recovery_conflict(RecoveryConflictReason);
                        ereport(FATAL,
                                        (errcode(ERRCODE_DATABASE_DROPPED),
                          errmsg("terminating connection due to
conflict with recovery"),
                                         errdetail_recovery_conflict()));
                }

The simplest thing to do seems to be to make the second one read
"terminating connection because the database has been dropped".

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company