On 02/10/2011 05:09 AM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
On 09.02.2011 17:58, Kevin Grittner wrote:
Dan Ports<d...@csail.mit.edu>  wrote:

I think for SerializableXidHash we should probably just initially
allocate it at its maximum size. Then it'll match the PredXact
list which is allocated in full upfront, and there's no risk of
being able to allocate a transaction but not register its xid. In
fact, I believe there would be no way for starting a new
serializable transaction to fail.

To be more precise, it would prevent an out of shared memory error
during an attempt to register an xid for an active serializable
transaction.  That seems like a good thing.  Patch to remove the
hint and initially allocate that HTAB at full size attached.

Committed.

Curiously, coypu has gone green again. It's now choosing 40 connections and 8 MB of shared_buffers, while it used to choose 30 connections and 24 MB of shared_buffers before the SSI patch. Looks like fixing the size estimation bugs helped that, but I'm not entirely sure how. Maybe it just failed with higher max_connections settings because of the misestimate. But why does it now choose a *higher* max_connections setting than before?

RĂ©mi might have increased its available resources.

cheers

andrew