Thomas Lockhart writes:
 > Right. IBM.
 > > Most likely they have fixed it by now ...
 > Nope, though I don't know for sure. Anyone here have a recent AIX
 > machine to test?

Well on AIX 4.3.3 the output from  Lamar's earlier test program is:

 The system thinks 11/30/1969 is a timestamp of -1

and tm_isdst is left at -1...

I could boot the machine into 5.0 too, but going by the AIX 5L
manpages it still returns -1:

 Note: The mktime subroutine cannot convert time values before
 00:00:00 UTC, January 1, 1970 and after 03:14:07 UTC, January 19,
 2038.

And getting an Irix 5.3 box up and running would be a chore!

Lee.

http://archives.postgresql.org