On 04/25/2011 07:48 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

Well, that way you'll have a handful of -Ttypdef parameters for each
invocation of indent instead of a gazillion of them. No more command
line length issues.
Well, -Ttypedef is wrong on its face.  Right would be a switch
specifying the name of the file to read the typedef list from.
Then you don't need massive script-level infrastructure to try
to spoonfeed that data to the program doing the work.

Ok, but that would account for about 5 lines of the current 400 or so in pgindent, and we'd have to extend our patch of BSD indent to do it. That's not to say that we shouldn't, but we should be aware of how much it will buy us on its own.

cheers

andrew