Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> It seems that the 'make distcheck' build is broken. ?Apparently we
> >> don't have any automated testing of this? ?Anyone know what to fix
> >> here?
> >
> > Bruce keeps trying to put cross-references where they mustn't go ...
>
> Actually those are all my fault.  Sorry, I'm still learning the ropes.
>  I didn't realize xref couldn't be used in the release notes; it looks
> for.

FYI, this is documented in release.sgml in an SGML comment:

        For new features, add links to the documentation sections.  Use </link>
        not just </> so that generate_history.pl can remove it, so HISTORY.html
        can be created without links to the main documentation.  Don't use
        <xref>.

<xref> can't be used because there is no text to keep, and </link> ( not
</>) has to be used so we remove the right tag.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us