Alvaro Herrera <alvhe...@commandprompt.com> writes:
> Excerpts from richhguard-monotone's message of lun jun 13 16:10:17 -0400 2011:
>> Do you have any advice of how to handle the inner loops, such as those
>> initializing ``stakindN''. The entries before can be handled just like in
>> this patch, by using the symbolic constants.

> Based on Tom's comments, I'd submit the patch without that bit, at least
> as a first step.

He already did no?

I did think of a possible way to rewrite update_attstats: instead of

        for (k = 0; k < STATISTIC_NUM_SLOTS; k++)
        {
            values[i++] = ObjectIdGetDatum(stats->staop[k]);    /* staopN */
        }

do

        for (k = 0; k < STATISTIC_NUM_SLOTS; k++)
        {
            values[Anum_pg_statistic_staop1 - 1 + k] =
ObjectIdGetDatum(stats->staop[k]);
        }

etc.  However, it's not clear to me whether this is really an
improvement.  Opinions?