On 06/15/2011 04:13 AM, Rainer Pruy wrote:
I much prefer reading an "<IDLE>  in transaction" on a quick glance
over having to search a column and recognize a "t" from an "f"
to find out whether there is a transaction pending or not.

This is a fair observation. If we provide a second view here that reorganizes the data toward something more appropriate for monitoring systems to process it, you may be right that the result will be a step backwards for making it human-readable. They may end up being similar, co-existing views aimed at different uses, rather than one clearly replacing the other one day.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    g...@2ndquadrant.com   Baltimore, MD