On 06/24/2011 04:52 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
That tagging is basically what I do on my first pass through the release
notes.  For the gory details:

        http://momjian.us/main/blogs/pgblog/2009.html#March_25_2009

Excellent summary of the process I was trying to suggest might be improved; the two most relevant bits:

3       remove insignificant items      2.7k    1 day
4       research and reword items       1k      5 days

Some sort of tagging to identify feature changes should drive down the time spent on filtering insignificant items. And the person doing the commit already has the context you are acquiring later as "research" here. Would suggesting they try to write a short description at commit time drive it and the "reword" phase time down significantly? Can't say for sure, but I wanted to throw the idea out for consideration--particularly since solving it well ends up making some of this other derived data people would like to see a lot easier to generate too.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    g...@2ndquadrant.com   Baltimore, MD