On 11-08-15 10:00 AM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

Without commenting on what should be done in your specific case, I
wonder whether it's time to fully retire the deprecated double
representation of timestamps. Is anyone actually expected to rely on
their availability when 9.2 is released? This also caused difficulties
for Johann Oskarsson recently, during work on PL/Java.

This would mean that anyone using the floating point timestamps today won't be able to use pg_upgrade to upgrade to whichever version we remove them from. 8.3 had float based timestamps as the default and I suspect many installations with the default 8.3 settings have been upgraded via pg_upgrade to 9.0 built the old timestamps representation.

Steve